Smoking is bad for your health, but exactly how will stopping make life better? Here are 10 ways your health will improve when you stop smoking:
1. Stopping smoking lets you breathe more easily
2. Stop smoking gives you more energy
3. Ditch the cigarettes and feel less stressed
4. Quitting leads to better sex
5. Stopping smoking improves fertility
6. Stopping smoking improves smell and taste
7. Stop smoking for younger-looking skin
8. Ex-smokers have whiter teeth and sweeter breath
9. Quit smoking to live longer
10. A smoke-free homes protects your loved ones
5 top tips to a healthier Halloween
No-one wants to stop children (or adults) from having fun this halloween but it can be a real horror story for your teeth and health. Follow our top tips for a tooth friendly halloween……
1. Avoid toffees, chewy or hard boiled sweets as these are tooth crackers and filling pullers!
2. Have your sweet treat as part of a meal rather than a separate occassion. You are supposed to have no more than 5 sugar attacks in a day, by combining a sugary treat with a meal you are “diluting” the sugar effect compared to what it would be to have it separately.
3. Choose a chocolate bar over a bag of sweets. You are more likely to eat a chocolate bar in one go rather than grazing on a bag of sweets causing numerous sugar attacks
4. Offer a healthier alternative, create spooky fruit treats such as bananas dipped in natural yoghurt with raisins for eyes or savoury treats such as cheesy witches fingers with a salsa dip.
5. Avoid lollies…..just throw them away….numerous sugar attacks, broken fillings or teeth with their hard outer shell….. these are a true halloween nightmare!!